Build the waitlist app logic
This page outlines how to build application logic to send the waitlist form data to an external database:
- 1.Select the Pages tab and click Logic to enter the Logic view.
- 2.Open the Libraries panel and drag-and-drop the following component references into your application:
- 3.Open the Libraries panel and drag-and-drop a Create Object component into your container.
- 4.Select the Create Object component and open State > Add Node to add string nodes for each input field:
- 5.Connect each Text Input's getValue node to their corresponding Create Object nodes. This passes each user-entered value from the Text Input components into the Create Object component, which formats them as an object.
- 6.Drag-and-drop your connection into the application.
- 7.Connect the Create Object's object node to your connection's body node. This passes the Create Object's object into the connection component.
- 8.Connect the Form's onSubmit event to your connection's call action. This invokes your POST request when the form is submitted.
- 9.Test your application to ensure form data is sent to your database.
Congratulations! You just completed your waitlist application.